Ria's DreamWorld

Welcome to this wonderful li'l world of mine! Hi, I am Ria Sanghvi, a li'l baby all excited at arriving in this world! Unlike you all 'smart and fun-loving' kinds, I like to cry, poop, whine, stink, act cute, suck, laugh, crib, act dumb and wet anything and everything. Here's a glimpse into my world, as I know and imagine it.

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Who's the kid, who's the adult

Strange conversations today:

Dad starts the TV after we came back from swimming.
Me: Daddy, you can watch your channel today, ok?
Dad (smiling happily): Thank you Ria

Dad flips through channel, munching his food. He stops at a channel for a second. I'm right besides him. Then, suddenly he changes channel again saying 'This is a ghost movie'.

Me: Dad, I like ghost movies, can you please put that channel again?
Dad (continuing to flip channels): No Ria, you'll get scared and have nightmares.
Me: No Daddy, I won't get scared. The ghost is in the TV right? It can't come out!
Dad (finally stopping at 508, and giving a big smile): Ria, let's watch your channel. See it's Ice Age!
Me (with a not-overly-excited smile): Dad this is cartoon!
Dad (trying to get me excited): Yesss, this is a cartoon movie.. it's my favorite... let's watch.
Me: Nooo Dad, I want to watch the ghost movie.
Dad: No Ria, let's watch cartoon. You don't want to watch cartoon? This is such a good movie
Me: No Daddy, pleaase, I want to watch the ghost movie. I'll not get scared na~~

(~Another 5min of intense negotiations)

Dad (finally giving up): Ok, here you go. (finally changes channel to FX to watch 'Ghost Ship')

Me happy :-)

1 Comments:

At Saturday, August 16, 2008 12:24:00 PM, Blogger Prac said...

Hahahaha......................keep up d gooo~d work Ria..!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home